Derriford hospital dating scan Free cam2cam girls no cc needed
In 1848 the railway arrived on the northern edge of the village [South Devon Railway Company].The paper mill closed in 2013 after 226 years in Ivybridge and the buildings are being converted to homes and shops.There is a town hall which is located close to the centre of the town and the previous town hall – Chapel Place is still in existence and located in the centre of the town close to the Ivy Bridge.Before 1894 Ivybridge was made up of four neighbouring parishes: Harford – 2 miles (3.2 km) north; Ugborough – 2.5 miles (4.0 km) east; Ermington – 2 miles (3.2 km) south and Cornwood – 3 miles (4.8 km) northwest.Ivybridge is situated deep in the south western peninsula of England, Ivybridge is 182 miles (293 km) from London, 10 miles (16 km) from Totnes and 28 miles (45 km) from Exeter.The main road in and out of the town (the A38) allows fast access to its nearby city Plymouth for many of Ivybridge's commuters. This is because of the River Erme which flows right through the centre of town.
Along the River Erme large boulders and rocks can be found deposited on its meandering path brought all the way from Dartmoor; the Ivy Bridge itself is made out of Granite.
The town forms part of the county constituency of South West Devon.
Its Member of Parliament is Gary Streeter formerly an SDP politician, but now a member of the Conservative party who held 56.6% of the votes at the 2015 election.
Mentioned in documents as early as the 13th century, Ivybridge's early history is marked by its status as an important crossing-point over the River Erme on the Exeter-to-Plymouth route.
In the 16th century mills were built using the River Erme's power. Ivybridge became a civil parish in 1894 and a town in 1977.